Wednesday 30 January 2013

Newspaper Questionnaire results

Results from Audience Feedback questionnaire

For my questionnaire I asked a random sample of 10 people from Portishead. The people I asked to fill out my questionnaire varied in ages, 18-40. I did this so that I did have my audience answering my questionnaire rather than all ages, as I would not have got the feedback from the right group which I am trying to attract. As my newspaper was not gender specific I asked five males and five females to answer it so that it was equal. However I did try to focus on people who go to the gym regularly as this is the type of audience I am trying to get to purchase my newspaper, as my content is on stories and adverts to do with a healthy lifestyle or the gym. So by having this in mind I went to my local gym to hand out my questionnaire as I believed I would get more of the feedback that I desired. 

  • Do you think my newspaper looks as though it would be sold in a shop?
This is the first question which was in my newspaper questionnaire. 
90% of the audience who answered it said that my newspaper looked as though it would
10% thought it wouldn't. 

  • Do you think I have stuck to the traditional layout of a newspaper?
70% answered that it would
30% thought that it would not.
I believe that this may have been because of my masthead, as it is laid out in a different way to conventional newspapers. 

  • What is the best part?
For this question I found that my audience thought the best parts where the masthead and the adverts. I think this is because even though my masthead differs from traditional layouts of mastheads, it's difference gives it a fresh new look and helps it be promote. The reason why my audience liked the adverts, I believe is because they are vibrant and attract the audience, by being about the gym and paintings. 

  • How old do you think the audience are?
None of my questionnaires had been answered with people aged 18 and below or over 61. 
80% of my audience believed it was for people aged 18-35
20% thought for 36-60


  •  Do you think I have used pictures well?
60% answered yes
40% answered no
I think this might be because of my front cover picture, as it is quite standard and doesn't look very appealing. It may have been better if I had a person in the picture so that the readers could relate themselves with it, perhaps a policeman or a parent of one of the teenagers would have made it more attractive to the audience


  • Do you think that it is promote and would stand out in a supermarket?
80% answered yes
20% answered no
This could be because of my different type of layout I have chosen for my masthead and my logo as it is unique.However the reasons why it might not stand out is because of the cover picture not being very exciting and being just the location. It could also be because of my layout of my whole newspaper isn't very original  but this is what I wanted, as I wanted to stick to conventions of a newspaper layout rather than to totally subvert from it.  


  • Do you think my adverts are effective?
All of my participants said that my adverts where effective
This might be because they are tied in with stories within my newspaper and attract the audience as it is what they're interested in and gives them deals, such as the gym advert on the front cover.


  • Do you think the stories are appropriate for the audience?
50% answered yes
50% answered no
I think this could be because I have used stories that are very different from each other  even though they tie in with each other or can tie in with the adverts I have created.


  • Does the masthead and logo seem realistic?
90% answered yes
10% answered no
I think this could be because I have differed a bit from traditional layouts of mastheads, although I still think this is the best choice for my newspaper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment