Thursday 15 November 2012

Logo final design



The image above is the hand drawn image of my logo design. It is similar to the first design, in the way that I have used the man, from the sculpture but just adapted it, adding winged heels and a  newspaper in his hand to tell the reader that the logo is there to send them the news. 
I adapted the idea of having it just of the sculpture of the human holding onto a long pole, which is in the Marina of Portishead to it being more revolved around the helper of the Greek Gods, Hermes. In a previous post about my choice in my logo I have explained fully why I have chosen to use Hermes, my main reason is that as he is known as being the deliverer of information to the Gods, he would good to use as the deliverer of my newspapers news. It will also make the customer feel as though they are like a God, that they are receiving the latest news quickly and this will conclude in them feeling important.
However there is other aspects of my logo that differs from the last design, as I no longer use the trophy “PP” stand as I believe that this is too much of a distraction and there is too much going on just for one logo. My new logo is simpler but is still powerful, as he is fist pumping the newspaper as though he is sending it straight to the reader.
I choose this colour of blue/purple because it mirrors that of my dateline and is part of my colour scheme, I believe by doing this it will make my newspaper look conventional and will make it come all together as though it is one piece. If I used a different colour I think this would disrupt the fact that it is all one newspaper and will make the layout look unprofessional, thous differentiating itself from conventional ways. By using a lighter blue rather then darker I have been able to successfully keep my detail on my logo, as when I used a deeper shade of blue I ended up loosing the outlines around his abs and also the newspapers slight detail. This made my logo look less professional and also lost some of his value and made it look much simpler then it actually is. 
I also included shadowing and a bolder outline around the figure of my man as I believe this made it stand out more, as before without the lining it seemed to not stand out and just blended in with the back ground, because of its quite pale colouring. However, I avoided this by using the outline shadowing tool in Photoshop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment