Tuesday 27 November 2012

Newspaper so far

The image above is a screen shot of my newspaper, Portishead Post, front cover so far. As you can see my newspaper is almost complete, however I am still hoping to make some changes to it so that it looks more conventional. For example, most newspaper front covers, The Times, have their main image containing people from the story. My newspaper differs from this as in my front cover picture I have no people in it that can relate to the story. To change this I will have to retake my picture of the sea front and place people in it, as in the article I have stated that the teenagers involved did not want to be named, I will have to consider asking a police member if I can take a picture of them and use it for my front cover picture. This would relate to my story as a police officer is involved in the incident. 


The picture above is a screen shot of my newspapers inside page. As you can see, like my front cover, I have almost completed this page also. After several past changes to the layout of my second page, I realised that I liked this format the most as it is as traditional as The Post. I have also thought about adapting my picture for my second page, as it is quite similar to the picture on the left hand side column. For example, I may change the story picture to the woman holding up a pair of her old trousers which fitted her before she lost all her weight, this would help emphasis how much weight she has lost through going to the gym and healthy eating. However I do like my two pictures, as they're quite similar, but the picture on the left side column is of the artist holding up his winning painting, whilst the story picture is of the woman holding a cardboard cut out of her former self. 

No comments:

Post a Comment