Wednesday 5 December 2012

The Portishead Post Advert Poster Design

Th image to the right is of a sample of my advert poster for my newspaper so far. I have adopted a similar idea to that of The Times, to have the background a darker colour to emphasis text and my future image, which will be of a man or female lifting weights, or doing some sort of fitness. I stuck to the conventional layout of planning on having my image in the middle of my poster in the same way in which The Times does because I believe that this will make it more apparent in what the poster is about. I also chose to go with the colour red in capitals to make an impact on my reader, as red is a very attractive colour and is very noticeable upon the grey background. This works in the same way when using the colour white for my masthead and information text. Although this differs to my actual newspaper, as I use the colour black for my masthead, I think using white helps it become more visible as it is a contrasting colour to black and grey. I have also kept in my masthead in the same place as my newspaper, top left, as I believe this would help the readers identify it with the newspaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment