Tuesday 18 December 2012

Plan For Radio Advert


Planning my radio advert

The main purpose of my radio advert will be to get my audience to purchase the product which I am trying to get them to buy, which is my newspaper. Similar to the Guinness and Carphone Warehouse adverts I have decided to use multiple actors so that my audience can differentiate between each one and can feel as though they are part of the conversation. This will result in the audience member feeling like they are involved in a group and will hopefully persuade them to purchase my newspaper. Also as the radio adverts have been audience specific I will have to use this idea so that I stick to conventionality. In the advert by Guinness, they use a character which has similar features to the audience, such as; they are male, enjoy drinking beer and are hard at work throughout the day. The advert applies to the audience as in the advert, after being at work all day the actor grabs a Guinness from the fridge, this would attract the audience as they will also want to relax and have a pint after work.  As my target audience are young adults, who are interested in fitness and lifestyle, as well as general community activities, such as the painting competition, I have decided to do an advert between two actors which will be based on a conversation whilst out on a run or at the gym. I also noticed that the adverts I have researched are conversations between characters which have very different tones, in some cases it’s between a male and a female or a male and a machine, I think this helps the newspaper to target a much larger audience. In my radio advert I will have two actors so that I stick to conventionality and have a male and a female voice to reinforce this. 

As I have choose to have two actors, one male, one female I will have to create a script which will have a conversation that will appeal to the audience, I think the idea of having the scene at the gym would work prefect as in my newspaper I have a lot of content which is about health and lifestyle. 

By having my advert based inside a gym, whilst two people are having a conversation, I may use sound effects such as, backing music and the sounds of weights or gym equipment being used by my actors or other people. However  for the music, I would prefer not to use any which involves lyrics, just sounds as this may help to prevent confusion between conversation. To keep the main focus on my actors conversation, over purchasing, Portishead Post, I will make sure that the sound effects are kept at a low volume so that the audience can be more engaged into the selling of the newspaper rather then the music, but still feel as though they are present at the gym, involved in the conversation. 
To get these sound effects I will have to go to my local gym, Better Bodies and record members doing their work outs through a microphone, which I have at home. I will also record my backing music in this same way. 

Once I have collected my sound effects, backing music, backing sounds and the actors conversation persuading listeners to but my newspaper, I will create my radio advert through Garage Band, a software on the Macs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment