Monday 15 October 2012

Advert planned

Below is a screenshot of my advert for my front cover of my newspaper so far. I decided to scrap the idea of it being a advert for Waitrose, as I think it will be hard to get the company to let me use their logo and name. So instead I have done a similar advert as Evening Post, by doing for restaurants. Through looking back  on my research I have come up with the idea of doing it for my local Italian restaurant and it doing a promotion, "2 for 1" on pizzas which I think will attract my audience, as Portishead is quite a close community and Antonio is well known for his great pizza making and friendly communication with locals and tourists.


On the next lesson, I decided to make one of my images for my advert as being that of a pizza, made by Antonio himself. My first thought was using a logo for his restaurant but then as I researched I found he doesn't really have one that will be recognised by a large population, people usually remember just the restaurants name, as the owner is very welcoming and the Italian is named after him. I was going to try to draw a picture of the pizza, but then I thought that it would be more attractive if I used a picture of fresh delicious homemade pizza rather than a cold drawing. 
For my other image on my advert I used three rectangles to make a driving learner plate. This is a very distinguished sign, as it is known globally for all new and experienced drivers, but also generally people do know the sign. I easily created the learner plate by placing two rectangles on top of each other and moving them around so that it went into a "L" shape. I believe that this is a better way of doing the learning plate rather than using a text font as I get the angle and proportion exactly right.
The image on the right is a picture of my advert, with the new image I have done for the learning plate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment