Wednesday 3 October 2012

Putting Writing On My Cover

For my front cover, I decided to do a little bit of research into trying to find out what size font most newspapers use for their stories. I used Google as my search engine and http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100105125923AAXuvI0 was the first website that came up. Yahoo informed me that majority of newspapers use a font size between 9-10. I previously thought that the font size was around 12. So by doing this research I have found that the size I would have used would have been incorrect and would not resemble a real newspaper.
I then wanted to find out what size font newspapers use for headlines so that I could aspire to the conventions of the local newspaper genre. However when using Google no websites came up with the information I needed, so I concluded that I will have to print off different sized fonts and then compare them to an actual newspaper so that I can get an actual idea.

The image on the right shows the list of different sized fonts that I have used in my search to find the prefect conventional sized headline.
Once I compared the print out to the newspaper front cover headlines I found that the size of headlines can vary around the early 20s, so I decided to use size 24.





No comments:

Post a Comment