Friday 28 September 2012

Portbury Hundred Closed

Portbury Hundred Closed

Hundreds of family members, held back for hours by a dangerous incident that caused the Portbury Hundred to close early on in the week due to freak weather.  After a day of constant heavy rain, a collision between two cars took place on Portisheads main way of entrance and exit. As the Portbury Hundred is one of four escapes to Bristol, it was obvious that at rush hour the road would be packed. However, no one could depend on the evenings traffic. The accident happened at 7o'clock in the evening, peak time for traffic. It had been stormy weather through out the day, when a red fiat, carrying one passenger hit straight on into a white honda. The accident caused so much chaos that the police had to shut the road throughout the night, so that they could clean up the damage and have the road clear by the following morning. The passengers in both cars, were moderately injured and are now at Frenchay Hospital recovering physically and mentally.

This is the first draft of my second story for my front page. In my lesson I will try to edit it in to my actual page to see if it fits. If not I will have to shorten it so that it is more suitable for my newspaper.  

No comments:

Post a Comment