Sunday 2 September 2012

Getting the right pictures for my newspaper front cover.

Getting pictures

To get my pictures for my newspaper I will have to either, lend a camera from Gordano School or borrow a camera from a close friend. Both the cameras I would use will produce top quality pictures that will be suitable for my newspaper, unlike a camera phone which will be blurred and not what I want. This would make my newspaper will cheap and not thought out well enough, this could result in the readers no longer purchasing my newspaper because of the way it looks. However because I will be using an actual photography camera my photos for my newspaper will make it look neat and well planned.

For my article/story "Two Local Teens Stuck In The Mud" I will take a picture of the location in which the advent took place. This is similar to my researched newspaper, "Daily Post", where they have a small photograph of the river, in which the two persons drowned. The location is the Portishead sea front, so to get my main story picture I will go there and get my photo. I could either, take a picture at night (when the incident happened) or take a picture in the day. I think that the best would be to take the picture in the day, because there is barely any lighting, this could lead to an unsatisfied picture as it will just be too dark for the readers to see. Although it would give the readers more appeal to have the picture taken at night, because they could imagine themselves being there as the incident happened but there would be only darkness. With taking the picture of the sea front in the day it will be a lot clearer and easy to see the scene of the crime. It will also give me a chance to develop my story and talk in the past rather than try to talk in the present. As it will be light for my photo shoot I will be able to explore the surroundings and take more focus into the mud and scenery to make it work with my story.



For my byline "Welcoming Hearty Italian Restaurant Reopened" to get pictures for this byline I will have to wait till the owner, Antonio (same as the restaurant name) returns from being on holiday on the 13th September. For this picture I will have the owner stood outside, on the step of his restaurant smiling and having arms open welcoming customers. I will make sure that I get the whole restaurant in, by taking a medium shot, straight on. I think this picture will do well as it conveys that of the story, that they're welcoming people and reopening, his body language will also replicate this. 



For "Dropping The Pounds And Gaining Better Bodies" I will take a photograph either of the gym space or ask a member if I can take a picture of them to use for the story. For the gym space picture I could go into the cardio room, which is the most likely place in which people lose weight, rather than the weights room and take a few pictures of the crosstrainer or the treadmill. However this could not attract readers as it is quite boring and nothing will really stand out. If one of the members agree to have their photo taken for my newspaper, I could have them working out on one of the machines which will help the reader understand the article more as they will be able to visually see the member in which the story is based on. As well as having a picture of the member I could also ask if the owner will become part of the picture, standing near the member and shaking their hand as if they are congratulating them on their success. This could present the gym as a pleasant working environment which could end up making profit for it as readers maybe attract to the result that the member had gotten through training at that gym. 

No comments:

Post a Comment