Monday 3 September 2012

Colour Schemes

Colour schemes are very important in attracting customers for a newspapers as it helps them stand out from competing newspapers, as they will also be trying to gain the customers attention. Echo does this very well as it uses a range of block colours such as red, blue and black. Although these colours are not out of the ordinary, they still help to differentiated the newspaper from its competitors such as Daily Post and Evening Post, which use quite bland colours instead of Echo's highly noticeable colour scheme.

The way in which Echo uses colours to improve the layout is also one way in which will help with the design of my newspaper, as I would also like to use a similar colour scheme so that my newspaper will be apparent.


However I do like the subtleness colour scheme of Evening Post, it is more relaxed as it uses a more darker tone of blue and is less chaotic then Echo. For my newspaper I may consider adopting both of these qualites from both newspapers, make my colour scheme outstanding and striking but also be calm.

After debating on how to present my newspaper through colour, I think that my main choice in colour will be blue as it is neutral but can also be swayed to be more dramatic. A royal blue is the tone of blue I have decided upon, as it is more rich then other tones. Also this type of blue is seen in the Evening Post used for its headline and barline, I feel that this gives the newspaper more structure as it looks as though it as been thought out and I like how they have kept the colour through out which gives it a stylish edge. Similar to Evening Post I will use the royal blue I have chose to the right as my headline colour and also my barline colour so that I have a feeling of flowing through out my newspaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment