Saturday 1 September 2012

Newspaper Ideas: Name of my newspaper

For the title of my newspaper I wasn't very sure. I first chose my title font, which in one of my previous posts is called Phosphorus Family Font. I needed a title which was compatible with the font, which was attention grabbing but still formal. I wanted a likeness between my newspaper title and that of what I have researched, such as Daily Post or Evening Post, by doing this I have decided to include "Post" in my title.

Titles I have thought of:

  • Portishead Post
  • Present Post
  • The Bristolian Post
  • British Post
  • Somerset Post
  • Citizen Post
Although I have listed six different titles I have come up with, I am determined to decide on one which I would see fit to be named as my local newspaper. 

The four I have considered
  • "Portishead Post" is one of my favourites as it can be shortened to "PP" and could be ideal to turn into a logo for my newspaper which would be easily located by customers.
  • "Present Post" can also do the same as the idea title above, I could shorten it to "PP" and make it into a logo. I like this as a title it implies that it always gets the newest information and is never in the past but has all the present news which will attract my audience. 
  • "Somerset Post" although Portishead is in Somerset I don't think that it is exact enough as my newspaper will only be delivered to North Somerset readers, which may give others a false impression that it is delivered everywhere in Somerset because of it's title. However I do think this would make a good title as it is short like the two above and could be quite attractive to the eye.
  • "Citizen Post" I think that this portrays that the newspaper would be available to anyone, any age which expands my audience. It also has the sense of welcoming which would appeal to my readers. 
I conclude that I am going to name my newspaper, "Portishead Post" as I believe that out of my ideas list that it is the best suited and I have more planned for it. One example would be by simplifying the title to "PP" at the top of the inside pages and creating a logo using the two letters like my researched newspapers,0000 the Evening Post and Daily Post which also both have their logos wedged in between the two words.

No comments:

Post a Comment