Thursday 6 September 2012

My First Pictures.

For my front cover image, as I have written in a previous post, I have taken a picture of the Portishead Sea Front in the daylight.

I had a debate with myself about this image, as I did like it when I got the first shot, but then I realised it is dull and doesn't really tell the reader anything about the story, apart from the location. I believe that if I put two young males in the picture, looking worried or confused then this will make the picture more captivating as the readers will wonder what has happened to them and why are they in that location.

For the short local stories I will use the two pictures that are below:


 The image to the left is Antonio's pizzeria. It will be the picture I use for the story, "Welcoming Hearty Italian Restaurant Reopened". However when I get the prober photo done in a week or two I will be able to ask the shop owner, Antonio, to stand outside as if he is reopening to customers.





This is the story, "Dropping The Pounds And Gaining Better Bodies". In my final newspaper I will not be using this picture as this is not really the gym owner, this is one of the staff which work there. I have also decided that I don't like the positions in which they are as it looks as though I have caught the staff member off guard  when really I want him in a open posture to suggest that he is friendly and wanting new members joining. 


No comments:

Post a Comment