Wednesday 24 October 2012

Gym advert design

For my second advert for my front page, I have decided to use the local gym.
The image to the right is a picture which I took for the advert, of a staff member and a member of the gym. I believe that this image will suggest that the gym is a friendly and well qualified.

I then decided to crop the picture, as I thought that it had too much space above their heads and that this made the image look unprofessional. Once I did this I then added a text box, for the title which is the name of the gym, Better Bodies. As the gym uses blue and white as its main colour scheme I decided to copy it and use it as my colour scheme for my title also. First I changed the colour to dark blue, however I then came across a problem, that you could barely see it on top of the other gym equipment because the colours are quite similar. A solution to this was to add a white border around the text, which added emphasis and made it clearly visible, even on top of the dark backgrounds. I added another text box underneath the title, which had a small amount of information about the Crash and Burn sessions at the gym. This ties in well with one of my inside stories, as I describe someones first hand experience doing the Crash and Burn and their accoplishments. By doing this I believe that I will attract more audiences as they will easily be able to find the information they want and can see how it is tied together. Placing the contact information on the right side of the advert, in smaller writing keeps the attention on the main focus on the information for Better Bodies. I also think this is the best way to layout my text on my advert because readers will want to know about the gym and what the advert is about before contacting.

No comments:

Post a Comment